Life just keeps getting faster and faster. Sometimes it can be difficult to slow down and figure out what’s working and what’s not.
If you barely have time to get the essentials done in your life, here are ten simple tips on how to keep you and your children healthy, naturally! Pick the ones you like and leave the rest.
1. Drink plenty of fresh water (opt for filtered or spring water).
2. Eat a well-balanced and as close-to-nature diet as possible (avoid overly refined foods and opt instead for whole, raw, or lightly cooked foods and for organically grown produce when possible and for meats that are free from hormones and antibiotics).
3. Never skip breakfast. This is the most important meal of the day-it fuels the body and boosts metabolism; your children should learn this early to optimize their health and avoid the pitfalls of continuing the practice of skipping breakfast.
4. Eat five or six small meals throughout the day (rather than three larger meals). This optimizes nutrient assimilation, and puts less stress on the digestive tract and less weight on the body in the form of fat.
5. Get moderate amounts of daily exercise (setting an example for your children to follow throughout life).
6. Take supplements including bluegreen algae to support a healthy body (it is difficult to consume enough food daily to provide sufficient amounts of absorbable critical nutrients, such as folic acid).
7. Though normal healthy children may not need digestive enzymes, there are those who benefit from them. Adults certainly benefit from supplementing with enzymes to support proper food digestion and nutrient assimilation.
8. Take probiotics (naturally occurring bacteria such as L. acidophilus and B. bifidus that foster good health by promoting the growth of ‘good’ bacteria).
9. Relax and de-stress (children have their own daily stresses).
10. Get plenty of sleep (at least seven hours a night for adults-children need more to support their growing bodies; naps are an excellent way of catching up on this overlooked essential to good health).
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Also, check out the free health resources or order blue-green algae products at wholesale prices on our website.
Photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cesarastudillo/ / CC BY 2.0