We all want to have enough daily energy to get all the things done that we want to do. But fatigue, mid-afternoon slump, and high stress lifestyles all make keeping up our daily energy a challenge. Fortunately there are natural solutions we can use to sustain daily energy to keep up with our busy lives.
Natural Solutions for Daily Energy
1. Get Enough Sleep – This may seem obvious, but many people do not get the 7 to 8 hours of sleep they need to be truly rested and performing at their peak. If you have trouble getting to sleep try establishing a bedtime routine with relaxing activities that will signal your body to get prepared for sleeping. Make sure you block out all light and that includes blue light from computers and TVs. Avoiding caffeine and exercise in the evening can also help you get to sleep.
2. Stay Hydrated – Dehydration can also cause you to be tired. Water is vital to keeping the body working properly and maintaining daily energy. Don’t wait until you are thirsty to drink water, go ahead and drink all throughout the day and extra when exercising or doing other strenuous activity. You’ll know your water intake is at an appropriate level if your urine is a light yellowish color.
3. Exercise – Before reaching for that afternoon cup of coffee, soda or candy bar, try doing some light exercise or go for a walk as a natural solution to boost daily energy. Getting regular exercise can help keep fatigue away.
4. Get a Checkup – If you have severe chronic fatigue, you may need to check with your health care provider to see if there are any underlying medical conditions contributing. Anemia in women is quite often a contributor to fatigue and may require taking extra iron. Heart conditions, fibromyalgia, food allergies and other medical conditions can zap daily energy.
5. Stabilize Blood Sugar – Keeping blood sugar levels stable can help with daily energy. When blood sugar levels drop fatigue occurs. Starting off the day with a good breakfast of protein and complex carbohydrates sets the pace for the day. Then instead of eating 2 more larger meals in the day, try eating several smaller meals with fruits, veggies, complex carbs and lean protein.
6. De-stress – Stress of any kind is an energy drain. Eating foods rich in vitamin C and omega-3 fatty acids can help lower stress hormones giving you more energy. Vitamin C is found in oranges, grapefruits, papaya, red bell pepper, broccoli, kale, kiwi and strawberries. Omega-3 fatty acid is found in fatty fish, bluegreen algae, nuts and seeds. Dark chocolate can also lower stress hormones and the caffeine and theobromine in it are natural mood and energy boosters.
7. Feed Your Cells – At the cellular level our energy is determined by how well our mitochondria are working. The mitochondria are the “power houses” in our cells, and when not properly-nourished, can’t produce cellular energy which causes a drain in daily energy. Our mitochondria need a substance called adenosine troposphere, or ATP for nourishment. ATP fuels the mitochondria in our cells as well as other important bodily functions such as muscle contraction and protein production. To produce ATP, our bodies need coenzyme Q10. When we are young, our bodies produce plenty of coenzyme Q10, but aging, stress, and disease can all interfere with the production of this vital coenzyme. The result is low daily energy.
8. Get Your Glycogen – Glycogen is the fuel that is stored in our livers and converted to glucose when we need a quick burst of energy. Our bodies need glycogen any time we are under stress or need a quick energy fix. The best sources of glycogen are most cuts of meat and liver. For you vegetarians, another alternative is properly processed blue-green algae from Klamath Lake. This algae’s cell wall is made up of glycogen that your body can use right away. AFA blue-green algae also contains easily assimilated nutrients including: essential fatty acids, active enzymes, vitamins, amino acids, minerals, proteins, complex sugars, and phytonutrients that provide your body with nutrients it can use for increased daily energy.
Another form of AFA bluegreen algae is the heart of the algae, with the cell wall carefully removed through a special separation process. This form of blue-green algae is small enough to slip through the blood brain barrier to feed hungry brain cells and help with mental clarity and stamina
9. Daily Energy Supplementation With Algae – Another natural solution for daily energy is supplementing your diet with high quality algae supplements that combine ingredients to feed your body on a cellular level and give the body extra energy. This supplement combines pure ubiquinol, reishi and oyster mushrooms, polyphenols from olives, and AFA bluegreen algae, designed to activate cellular energy to support a healthy cardiovascular system which can improve energy levels. Reishi mushrooms are high in beta glucans, polysaccharides and triterpenoid compounds as well as being rich in proteins, enzymes, and minerals. Oyster mushrooms are not only rich in protein, but high in B vitamins and lovastatin which helps balance blood cholesterol levels. Ubiquinol is an active antioxidant form of coenzyme Q10 which is important for stress relief and improved daily energy.
Another supplement that is a natural solution for daily energy is this one that combines AFA bluegreen algae, wheatgrass juice, cordyceps mushrooms, bee pollen, turmeric, noni, and green tea, created to provide a nutrient-rich, whole-food source for physical energy and drive.
10. Cinnamon – Studies have shown that taking a whiff of cinnamon can make you feel more alert and increase your daily energy levels. Sucking on a cinnamon stick produces similar results. As a bonus, cinnamon has natural health-protective properties. If you don’t have any cinnamon handy, peppermint has similar fatigue-fighting properties.
If you find yourself tired and sluggish, try out these natural solutions to see which ones work for you to increase your daily energy. Getting an increase in energy helps us live life to the fullest and makes it a more enjoyable life.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Also, check out the free health resources or order blue-green algae products on our website.