By guest contributor Barb Swanson
(author of Beyond Foods: The Handbook of Functional Nutrition)
Keep It Fresh This Spring
The sun is shining. Spring showers are falling. Birds are singing and plants are popping up all over. Spring is here! It’s the season of refreshing. Our world is renewing itself. Let’s keep up and renew our home, our habits and our diets.
This last year has been a world-wide challenge. Many of us are so tired of being home! Spring is the perfect time to get out, get fresh air and get inspired. April also is home of Earth Day. Honestly, it’s appropriate to think of, and celebrate, our planet every single day…but that doesn’t happen often.
Spring Refresher Tips
- Listen to your body’s wants. Craving fresh and light meals is a part of our seasonal shifts.
- Focus on sourcing foods locally. Chances are what you crave is in tune with what Mother Nature is providing.
- Visit your local farmers’ market. Spring is the perfect season for salads and the recipe possibilities are endless. Loading up on fresh leafy greens and veggies helps your body with its natural cleansing process.
- Get outside, walk in the spring air. Breathe deep and remember the joy in living.
- Drink plenty of water. Remember, your body is working on cleansing after a long, shut-in winter. It requires plenty of water to do just that.
Find Earth Day activities from April 20th through April 22nd in your area or see what is happening for Earth Day worldwide at the Earth Day website.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or subscribing to the feed to have future articles delivered to your feed reader. Also, check out the free health resources or order blue-green algae products on our website.