We all want to get into the summer body of our dreams. To do so, we must eat healthy and exercise regularly. It is always important to have enough energy to complete your workouts but sometimes eating before you exercise can lead to bloating and discomfort. Thus, a great way to get the nutrients you need while not being to filling is a pre-workout smoothie!
Because smoothies are most often made primarily with fruit, they provide a great source of fast-digesting carbohydrates that give the body a boost of energy for working out. Thus, we are going to be showing everyone a quick 6 ingredient, fruit filled smoothie recipe!
Easy Pre-workout Smoothie
Time Required: 15 minutes
- 1 Banana
- 1/2 Cup of Frozen Blueberries
- 1/2 of Lemon Juiced
- 1/2 Milk of Choice
- 1 Tsp of Essentials Blend
- 1 Tbsp of Honey or Agave Nectar
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Essentials blend is great for providing a boost of immune support as well as giving a nice kick of energy before your workout. Find it here.
- Essentials Blend combines AFA blue-green algae with antioxidant wheat sprouts, prebiotics, and a full-spectrum probiotic in a powder form.
- For the best benefits, this smoothie is for a short quick HIIT workout, not a long endurance workout.
- To reduce the risk of stomach discomfort, it is best to enjoy the smoothie 15 to 30 minutes before you workout.