- Help prevent energy-lull after large, cooked meals with this highly active formula
- Contain only plant-based enzymes
- Also contains MycoPepsin, the first enzyme on the market that works in a low pH environment. As food digests, the stomach becomes more acidic. The addition of MycoPepsin makes this product even more effective because, unlike other enzymes, MycoPepsin remains active in a highly acidic environment.
- Provide fennel, ginger, and cayenne to further aid digestion*
- Release more of the nutrients from a wide range of food
- 90 capsules
The Importance of Enzymes
One of the main reasons some people don’t digest food well is because of the processed food in their diets. Processing and cooking destroys nearly all of the enzymes naturally present in food. Digestive enzymes break down food into basic components so that the body can absorb the nutrients required to build cells, tissues, and organs.
New Earth’s Enzymes Plus play a vital role in today’s diet, which has been scientifically and clinically proven to possess very few enzymes. Our proprietary plant-based formula contains a wide range of enzymes with high activity levels for optimum digestion: Amylase to break down starch; invertase to digest sugar products; lactase to digest milk sugar; cellulase and pectinase to assist in the breakdown of fiber; lipase to break down fat; and protease, bromelain, and papain to break down protein. MycoPepsin, one of the ingredients in New Earth’s enzymes, is characterized by its ability to break down proteins under acid conditions in a manner similar to pepsin. MycoPepsin is obtained by the controlled fermentation of a non-genetically modified strain of Aspergillus niger. The broad specificity of this acid-stable, food-grade protease enzyme enables it to easily and efficiently break down most soluble proteins.
With twelve active enzymes, bluegreen algae, fennel, ginger, and cayenne, Enzymes Plus are a potent addition to any diet.
A Word About Enzyme Activity
Enzyme potency is best defined in terms of activity, not weight. Weight measurements can be misleading, as there is no direct relationship between weight and activity. For example, low potency enzymes may weigh as much as those with high potency, and fillers may add to the weight but not the effectiveness of an enzyme supplement. The national standard for measurement is Food Chemical Codex (FCC) Units. New Earth’s enzymes are made according to the FCC method and use the FCC measuring system to define enzyme potency.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.