Heart Healthy Habits
by Alan Joel
It is never too late or too early to take care of your heart. Why not take a moment change your eating habits to be heart healthy? Check out these quick tips from the Franklin Institute, a museum where science and technology, curiosity and learning thrive.
A heart healthy diet should include:
- Total fat intake should be less than 30 percent of total calories daily.
- Saturated fatty acid intake should be less than 10 percent of total calories daily.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acid intake should be no more that 10 percent of total calories daily.
- Monounsaturated fatty acids make up the rest of total fat intake, about 10 to 15 percent of total calories daily.
- Cholesterol intake should be no more than 300 milligrams per day.
- Sodium intake should be no more than 3000 milligrams per day.
- Beware of chemicals in your food like caffeine, MSG, and other food additives.
Prosperity Abounds is dedicated to distributing the best organic, wild, whole foods
(based on Super Blue Green Algae) from New Earth (formerly Simplexity Health/Cell Tech).